The Bulgarian Euro-Atlantic Youth Club (BEAYC) is а non-governmental organization, founded in 1996 in Sofia, Bulgaria, as the official youth branch of The Atlantic Club of Bulgaria (ACB). The organization is a member of YATA International.
Its aims are:
- to establish/promote Euro-Atlantic values among the youth in Bulgaria;
- to advise and support youth organizations affiliated with different political parties, various students’ communities, major decision makers in the Bulgarian state institutions and people at large;
- to foster Bulgaria’s active involvement within the framework of the Euro-Atlantic political, economic and defense institutions, and particularly within NATO, the European Union (EU), the Council of Europe (CE) and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE);
- using its social media channel, to help create a platform where young people can express their voice and share their ideas about how to create a better future for the generations ahead.
The organization firmly believes that being educated and informed is the foundation of success. Establishing solid foundations today is going to lead to a better future tomorrow! To this purpose, the organization:
- organizes and coordinates visits and lectures by local and foreign experts and distinguished speakers;
- creates seminars and conferences on various topics;
- publishes and promotes information and publications about the development of NATO, the EU and related international organizations (including information about scholarships, seminars and research opportunities);
- initiates important contacts with similar organizations abroad, etc.
The BEAYC has already established numerous contacts with international non-governmental organizations and successfully implemented projects that are supported by NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division, Erasmus+ and other programs.